Sunday, July 8, 2012

Shit Collecting.


Okay.
So, I haven't written anything here in a couple of weeks. It seems that I only blog when I really should be doing something else. At the moment, that something is sleeping.

Sleeping is for the dead. Or something.

Firstly, exams were a horrible mess that I'd rather just forget. So I am. No talking about exams. I get the dreaded results on the 16th so that's something to look forward to I don't think.

The last month has really been a time to get my shit together.
well...
My thoughts together at least. My life is chronically unstable and I like it that way. I had stable once. It's not for me.


So. Things I have done in dot form in the last month. In no particular order. Dot form is what my brain can do tonight.

  • I backed A LOT of Kickstarter and Pozible campaigns...No regrets. They are all amazing projects and I'm so excited for when they're finished and my mailbox gets filled with awesome things that I HELPED CREATE. JOY. I'll post up some new noteworthy campaigns soon too methinks.
  • I bought a toy accordion + learnt to play happy birthday on it. (LOVE)


  • I made a finger puppet for the wondrous Heather Christian to with her luck for her NY gig...


...there was much rejoicing at both ends.

She also happened to me send the most amazing thing I have ever received in the mail. I stumbled out of my house at about 1pm, still in my pink monkey pyjamas. I'm so glad that I did.

It made my month. I'm yet to find a frame worthy of the lion.

  • My sister and I made felt brooches for our English teacher who is moving to Margaret River. Well, she's my sister's English teacher now. She was my English teacher. Now she is just a friend. She is wonderful and inspirational and I really hope she never reads this blog or I fear she will disown me for my terrible spelling, grammar and general lameness.
    • I made mother a sunflower brooch for her 50th. After hours of crazy cross-eyed stitching she asked me why I hadn't actually bought her anything. Oh well, can't with them all I suppose.
    • I met more of the people coming to my Amanda Palmer House Party (!!!) and we've started planning amazing things. We must hold back. I can't start planning it 8 months in advance or I might have a nervous breakdown and not be able to even see a piano without hyperventilating. So much excitement. 
    • I started reading Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman a little while ago and am slowly pulling myself through it. I know that sounds negative but it's hasn't got anything to do with the book. I just haven't read much over the past months. I am constantly stopping and rereading passages. Savouring them; keeping beautiful, poignant sentences fresh in my mind.
    • I've started writing and drawing lots. I'm not sure if I want to put them up here or not.. I like them but will anyone else? I don't know. Only one way to find out I suppose...
    I am meeting amazing people and doing shit I never dreamed of. It feels pretty fucking excellent.
    This is just the beginning. I don't know where to start in terms of explaining so I won't just yet.
    Maybe one day soon I'll be more articulate.
    My brain is a scrambled, hungover mess. It has lots of things inside it though. Great ideas. Ideas I'm rather proud of. Maybe I'll share them soon. Maybe.

    LOVE x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment